Join CSLA and Tell Your Story at beautiful Kent State University in Kent, Ohio, July 27-29, 2016
Conference hosted by the School of Library and Information Science
During the conference you will have the opportunity to listen to some amazing keynote speakers and attend workshops on a wide range of topics that include building an exemplary collection for your library, marketing, and storytelling. At Author Teas, you can meet and talk with authors, and even get an autograph or three! Exhibitors at the conference will be ready with information on resources to support your library or materials you may want to add to your collection. And of course, you’ll have ample time for networking and fellowship with other attendees and conference presenters.
Kent State University has a beautiful, park-like campus, with plenty of green space and trees galore. In fact, Kent State was honored as Ohio’s first Tree Campus USA University. The city of Kent lies immediately adjacent to campus, offering the fun dining and unique shopping experiences you expect in a small, college-town environment. And you’re only 40 minutes from major metropolitan areas in downtown Cleveland, Youngstown, and Canton, and 20 minutes from Akron. The area is rich with arts and culture, entertainment, family fun, and sports and recreation opportunities. Plan to arrive early for the conference or stay longer so you can explore all that the area has to offer. And be sure to bring the family! More information is available at www.kent.edu/visit.
- Donation Do’s and Don'ts: Tips for Building Quality Library Collections - Belinda Boon
- Web Resource Page Development - John Schuster
- KAPCO Book Repair - Michelle Houser
- Cataloging, Library of Congress - Sevim McCutcheon
- Writing Devotionals: Weaving the Stories of Our Lives - Kelly Boyer Sagert
- Zotero - Paul Fehrmann
- Cataloging for 21st Century, Dewey Decimal - Scott Dutkiewicz
- Pray and Play Story Time - Heather Swift
- Classification for the 21st Century, Dewey Decimal - Susan E. Snyder
- Mortal Dilemmas: Some Things You Need To Know About Dying Before You Are Dying - Sheryl L. Buckley, MD, MS