August 25, 2016 @ 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
5 Regional Locations
Sponsor: Ohio Library Council
REGISTER @ my OLC | Registration deadline: 8/18/2016
FREE for Individual Members* Only
*OLC Individual members who are members of the Children’s Services Division. Free parking available at all sites. Afternoon programming: no meals provided.
Join Children’s Services Division members from around your chapter to talk about all things related to children’s librarianship. You will have the opportunity to brainstorm new ideas and network at one of the five regional “unconferences” at the following locations:
- Northwest: Maumee Branch of the Toledo Lucas County Public Library, 501 River Road, Maumee, OH 43537.
- North/Northeast: Warrensville Heights Branch of the Cuyahoga County Public Library, 4415 Northfield Road, Warrensville Heights, OH 44128.
- Central: The State Library of Ohio, 274 East First Avenue, Suite 100, Columbus, OH 43201.
- Southwest: The new Northwest Branch of Dayton Metro Library, 2410 Philadelphia Drive, Dayton, OH 45405.
- Southeast: Chillicothe and Ross County Public Library, 140 South Paint Street, Chillicothe, OH 45601.
What is an Unconference?
An “unconference” is a participant-guided learning opportunity that encourages peer networking and audience participation. The unconferences will serve as an opportunity to peer teach among library colleagues, providing a forum for librarians to collaborate on creating engaging and empowering experiences for the children and parents they serve, while being a value-added opportunity designed specifically for Children’s Services Division members.
Who Should Attend: Members Only. Exclusively for members of the OLC’s Children’s Services Division.
Continuing Education Credits: For those working toward their Ohio Public Librarian or Ohio Public Library Staff re-certification, this workshop counts as six (6) contact hours.
Primary Ohio Public Library Core Competencies addressed: TBD
Anti-Harassment Policy (PDF)