Tagline: Forward. Together.
Mission: Strengthening our region's libraries by providing educational opportunities and by facilitating local collaboration and conversations between libraries of all types.
Vision: When the region’s libraries want to connect, collaborate, and learn through customized continuing education, they turn to SWON Libraries.
Guiding Principles: SWON Libraries provides quality, trustworthy, economical, and responsive programming to all its region’s libraries:
A) Using in-person and virtual settings to collaborate and share knowledge;
B) Providing support to help library staff improve their job performance with customized continuing education available to the entire region;
C) Helping libraries improve their operations, management and performance with SWON Libraries’ assistance and by sharing institutional knowledge.
SWON Libraries will build on our region’s strengths and skills to develop a stronger community throughout the 20-county area we serve. We intend to do this by following this plan:
1) Develop four new Level-Up Lab programs each year of this plan, two in applied technology and two in management-related topics.
2) Continue to provide consulting to at least 10% of our Supporting Members each year.
3) Add to our circulating collections in two new areas.
a. STEM Early Literacy for children (Pre-K through 4th grade)
b. ‘Making’ for teens (making in the broadest sense, not limited to technology)
4) Add the Idea Share component to more of our Workshops and Labs, where applicable.
5) Develop a searchable index of regional knowledge, skills and expertise to support community building.
6) Develop and maintain a repository of Human Resources materials for Directors’ and their Boards, and for consulting and training purposes.
7) Actively seek out leadership opportunities for regional library staff and connect them to those who are ready and interested.
8) Continue to bring thought-provoking facilitators to our workshops.